~ Revelation 3: 8 ~


Shantel's Door (l)
Lydia's Door (r)
These two beautiful pictures hang in my bedroom where I can see them each and every morning before I start the day. Both portray old, weathered doors with intriguing doorknobs. They are amazing photographs taken by two people very special to me.
Shantel's Door (l) was taken by my grandniece, Shantel Keiser in Glendive, Montana. She captured it there at a historic bed-and-breakfast, Charlie Montana's. She is just beginning in photography and is learning quickly from her talented mom and aunt who are quickly becoming professionals with their own businesses.
Lydia's Door (r) was taken by my dear friend, Lydia Wiltse in an abandoned mining camp in Bodie, California. She is a professional who not only displays and sells her work, but also teaches photography at the community college.
I look at the pictures every morning and am reminded that God has given me another day; all I have to do is open the door and walk through.
- The daily door is weathered and worn. It has been passed through many, many times.
- The doorknobs are ancient and polished. How many times have they been turned?
- There is a latch and a keyhole - but where is the key?
- I can't see through to the other side. What is in store for me?
Some mornings the door unlocks easily and it is a pleasure to almost dance to the other side. But other mornings the door is locked tightly and it seems too heavy to push open. Either way, God is the key and is waiting there to walk through the door with me!
Each day is a new experience waiting on the other side. God knows I am not always strong but I have only to call out in prayer and God is waiting there. If I praise God's name and keep the Commandments, the door will not be closed. God promised!
God of Promise,
Thank you for your gift of each new day! Remind me to always trust in you. Help me unlock the door and walk through with you.
Amen
Awesome post!
ReplyDeleteA lovely expression of Faith, Ms Claudia. I'm sure that in your case if the Lord closes a door he WILL open a window!
ReplyDelete